I used patterned paper that had a patch effect already- the wine paper & then the other patterned paper. I did a row of stitching along the join. The title tag was made by layering elements together.
For this layout I didn't use a shield shape but used lacey paper instead. On the right side of the layout I used a plastic template & gesso to create the pattern then sprayed it with Glimmermist & wiped the excess off the Gesso before it dried. Paper flowers & Prima roses added a girly touch with the swirls. The title tag was made with a word sticker, German scrap wings, Tim Holtz slide strip, round tag & a swirl.