Thanks for taking the time to have a read of my Heart & Soul blog. You are welcome to leave a comment & any tips about scrapbooking or anything at all really!
Happy Scrapping from Susan.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

April Delights

Hi it's Susan here and I am really enjoying scrapbooking with the Memory Maze chippies. I find I am adding them to all my projects! This time I thought I would show you some different ways with frames.......
Our grandson Cooper is now an angel in Heaven so this title fitted perfectly with this layout. I cut the angel wings from plain card, using a stencil as a guide. The wings were lightly painted with gold acrylic paint and rubbed over with gold metallic cream rub. The photo was cut to fit in the spaces of the frame. For the backing paper on the frame, I turned the pattern paper to the wrong side and laid the frame on it and traced around it then I cut it out. I used glue to adhere the paper to the back of the frame and then used double sided tape to attach the frame to the layout. More photos can be used in this frame but I really wanted to highlight just this photo and filled the spaces with embellishments.

I painted the frame with Adirondack Dabber in pearl. The birds were painted with Distress Stain in tarnished brass. To make the beaded wire I twisted the wire around the frame and back on itself to anchor it to the frame. You can use a long piece of wire but if that is too fiddly you can use shorter pieces and just anchor them on and twist them off with each length. Then I slipped a bead onto the wire and twised it around the base of the bead and wound the wire around the frame then put the next bead on. Keep doing this until you reach all around the frame. It's not as tedious as it sounds and you can add as many beads as you like!

For the title I painted it with Adirondack Dabber in pearl but thought it was a bit pale looking so I dabbed over it with Distress Stain in tarnished brass and inked the edges in brown ink.
Bird round frame VOW6
Angel of Mine LOO604
flower, resin angel, rub on, Kaisercreaft tag, beads, wire, acrylic word, plain & patterened paper.
This is my younger son with our grandson and the rub on at the top of the layout describes them both! The frame used on this layout is part of a set of 9 frames (I used one of them on my first post in February). I used a mask and texture paste on the frame to give it dimension then rubbed over it with Distress Stain in silver. Then I lightly swiped over the high spots with a grey ink pad. I used my finger to rub red acrylic paint onto the inside edge of the frame to mimic the red on the background paper. I used the same technique on the background page to the left of the frame.

This corner piece was easily decorated using red acrylic paint and stick on pearls. That's the beauty of Memory Maze chipboard- you can make it fit with any project you are doing!

The title was painted with red acrylic paint and then it was dry I used a Kaisercraft rubon and stamped over it with grey paint.
Daddy & Me SO577
Swirl corner
Frame (set9) MOOO2
Kaisercraft collectables, rubons, tags, Paper Inklings- city limits. stick on pearls.
The trend at the moment in picture frames is a cluster of different sized frames together on the one mount. I wanted to mimic this using the four frames (out of the set of 9). The word "miracle" was painted with black gesso with black Kindy Glitz over the top. Here is my husband David with his paddle kyak out at Bjelke Petersen Dam out near Kingaroy in Queensland. He is fishing mad so we have a lot of "fishy" photos! As the saying on the layout goes " A bad day fishing beats a good day working!"

The frames were painted with black gesso and then when they were dry I brushed on Perfect Pearls in blue, purple and silver. The cogs were coated in Distress Stain in brushed pewter and when dry I topped them with Kindy Glitz in antique silver. On both the fish I did a base coat with Lumiere in Halo-violet gold. Then I layered on distress ice stickles and sprinkled on glitter while it was still wet. Once this was dry I then covered them with crystal glaze to give them a shiny fish look!

The anchor was painted with Distress stain in brushed pewter. The title was painted with Smooch in sugarberry and teal through the center.

The fish hooks and the rods were painted with Distress stain in brushed pewter. The rod handles were painted with Smooch in molasses and the spinners in teal. I used a white pen to highlight the line on the spinner and for the fishing line going along the rod.
Frame (set 9) MOOO2
Fishing Trip (set) LOOO2
Cogs (set) LOO48
Kaisercraft letter stickers, plain cardstock, tag
I hope this has given some new ideas on how to use the variety of frames that are available.

1 comment: