WELCOME

Thanks for taking the time to have a read of my Heart & Soul blog. You are welcome to leave a comment & any tips about scrapbooking or anything at all really!
LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Happy Scrapping from Susan.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Scrapbooking while Travelling

Since we have been on the road I've only done a few pages of scrapbooking. I worked out that you need to be quite organised & prepare before you leave home. I used a "work in progress" folder" in which I put supplies for each page. First I chose the photos I wanted to scrap, then the paper & embellishments to go with them. I sometimes have an idea in mind & will draw a quick sketch to remember that idea. It also helps me to know what I need to put in my mini kit & what other supplies I might need. eg. inks, premade Cricut shapes etc. I managed to fit what I needed into a craft trolley bag & a shoulder bag-even though they were very full & wieghed a ton! Along the way I found I needed a couple of extra supplies so I would make the layout as much as I could & then waited until we came across a scrapbook shop. Before we reached the next town I would Google where the scrapbook shops were so we could stop there. Its good to see the different variety of products that are out there. Its like being a kid in a lolly shop! My tool kit was quite basic with a cutter, adhesives & a couple of fancy edge scissors. I also had a folder with unmounted stamps, inkpads & ink. Admittedly I have bought paper that I didn't really need but thought they would go nicely with some of the photos I have taken but haven't printed yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment