WELCOME

Thanks for taking the time to have a read of my Heart & Soul blog. You are welcome to leave a comment & any tips about scrapbooking or anything at all really!
LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Happy Scrapping from Susan.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Blog Hop

Welcome to the Memory Maze's first ever blog hop!!


If you didn't come from Kylie Symons blog or you popped upon this blog and didn't realize we were blog hopping you need to go to the Memory Maze blog and start the HOP!


You will need to comment on ALL of the blogs to be eligible for the prize. Plus some of our awesome designers are giving away a prize on their blogs as well.


Here's what you could win from Memory Maze.


41D24140AB8248248977EB8F510D7BAD@JillPC

The Winner will be announced at the Memory Maze blog on the 26th May !


Our theme for this blog hop is Technique, each of our wonderful design team members will show you how to decorate those chipboard pieces or create new chipboard pieces.




Memory Maze chipboard swirls are one of my favourite embellishments to use. They are so versatile and can be altered to fit in with any project. I have used them in card making, scrapbooking and off the page items.
I used a Kaisercraft wall hanging to create this piece. Butterflies are a symbol of hope and are a thing of beauty which is what my inspiration was.



The back boards were covered with woodgrain patterned paper and the edges were inked in gold. Each piece was coated in Tim Holtz clear crackle paint and left to dry. Once it was all dry the boards were glued onto the backing pieces to create a picket fence look.

The butterfly was covered in embossed patterned paper with the Memory Maze chipboard swirls glued on the top to give texture to the wings. The whole piece was then painted with white gesso to base coat the chipboard and to tone down the colour of the paper.

To start the colour process of the butterfly I laid it on the wall art background and used mist ink to colour it. This also gives some colour to the background piece and uses it like a mask.

It looks a bit blotchy at this stage. While I am spraying the item I often will add in some extra bits to colour at the same time then I have a few unique pieces too use at the ready!

I sprayed the Memory Maze large swirl with mist ink. Sometimes I will lay the pieces I am spraying on a white sheet of cardstock to create an original background sheet. The chipboard pieces can be used as a mask or template as well as an embellishment on your project. Once the swirl was dry (this can be done faster by using a heat gun) I applied Tim Holtz distress stickles over the top.

Before the chipboard swirl was adhered on I stuck down a Zva rhinestone swirl in green. The chipboard looks good layered and clustered with other embellishments. I was debating whether to cut the chipboard swirl in half and seperate it out with a flower cluster in the center of it but I decided to keep it whole and layer embellishments in and around it.

The Memory Maze word "beauty" was inked in pink with gold ink touched around the edges. Once dry I coated it in dimensional magic glaze.

 
A Kaiseercraft pearl swirl was used for the butterflies feelers. Flowers and butterfly embellishments were layered around the swirl and the butterfly.

The butterfly was coated in candy rock distress stickles and the chipboard swirl was painted with glitter paint. Small roses were used to create the butterflies body.
 


I'm also giving away a prize today just leave a comment and become a follower of my blog,
The winner will announced on the 26th May for my blog prize.




Our blog hop runs from today, Monday 20th May, Invite your Friends to play along. You must comment on all the blogs for a chance at the Prize.


The Winner will be announced here on the 26th May!


The next stop on the blog hop is Amanda Lawrence  so pop on over and let them know what your favorite piece of Memory Maze chipboard is.


Thank you for playing along with our first Blog Hop, we hope that you had fun and will be back to join in again.




Here is a list and order for our blog hop.
















17 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea to use the MM corners as wings, love what you have done. thanks for joining in

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty butterfly. Love the background fence too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that butterfly. I am definitely going to do that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely project, thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovely techniques here. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo super beautiful I love all that crackling :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Love how this turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love love LOVE the Flutterby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful piece of home decoration - love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this piece! The swirls look like a lot of fun to use.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous piece of art, thanks for describing how you colored up everything! Love the chipboard with the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really great tutorial and a fantastic piece of art. I love the butterfly, it is so beautifyl :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful artwork...super tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  14. new follower and OMG amazing tutorial .. need to try this type of thing soon

    ReplyDelete
  15. As the blog hop is now closed....the winner of the prize from my blog is.....REBECCA MOSHER.....Rebecca can you email with your mailing details so I can sen the prize to you.
    A big THANKS to everyone for their comments and I hope you continue to check on my blog for more ideas and inspirations.
    Happy Scrapping....Susan.

    ReplyDelete